As a small business, COVID-19 has you on your heels. Shocking news occurs, most of Canada shutting down non-essential businesses. That means they are losing customers.
Well, you’re losing customers in the physical storefronts. The truth is that you may be continually growing, only if you look at your online sales.
You want to make sure to take complete advantage of online. Digital pivot during these times if you don’t currently have that set up and maximized. A big part of that is making sure your best SEO strategies are in place. With that, you can take advantage of changing the business environment.
Here’s what you need to do now, and after the COVID-19 crisis passes.
Best SEO Strategies During COVID 19:
As you know, the virus has affected the business environment a lot. But where some see problems others see opportunities. Here are some things you can do to maximize your SEO during this time:
Optimize Your Pay Per Click (PPC) Campaigns:
- With so many more people spending time online. Google searches are higher than ever and you want to make sure your PPC campaigns are keeping up.
- The first thing to do is to see if you can cut costs. After all, right now each dollar can make a huge difference. You might decide to cut down your focus on connecting with current clients. You can achieve this by focusing on keywords used by leads instead.
- Thinking about the ways you can target traffic to bring your online buying options. Instead of your physical store or, if your shop is still open. Then, consider focusing your PPC targeting a smaller area closer to your location.
Create a Digital Store (If You Don’t Have One) and Drive Traffic to It:
- You had a digital sale option before COVID hit Canada, but if you didn’t there’s no time like the present. It’s time to not only create a digital store but to also make it the focus of your website. Even it makes the best SEO strategies for the next few months.
- Even when you’re physical shop reopens. There will be a period where people will be hesitant to leave the house or shop for non-essential items. The fear of recurring COVID symptoms may be there for quite some time.
- That’s why focusing your SEO on your digital buy options is essential for at least the next 6 months. Be sure about your product or service pages or include keywords related to buying online. You can create new content to promote your digital store.
- Promote this content throughout social media. It will allow you to bring in new leads while Google’s SEO algorithm catches up. Over time, you will see, your digital store will be a powerful revenue source after COVID-19 has passed.
Test New Best SEO Strategies:
- If you have the flexibility in your budget. Or you’ve cut some costs and can use that capital in a new way. This is a great time to test new best SEO strategies.
- Some industries are getting far fewer clicks than usual. That means the price for PPC experiments is lower. You can try out some new approaches, see what works, and use that in your business going forward.
- You can also check current keyword trends to see what folks are searching for. Creating as well as promoting content around these terms is a good way to acquire traffic now.
- For your long-term SEO outside of PPC and promoting digital sales, you want to stay the course. It takes Google a while to catch up on SEO improvements on your website. So you don’t want to optimize for trendy phrases that will be passé in a few months.
- When it comes to your industry and offers, you can test ideas but we don’t recommend major changes.
SEO After COVID-19 Passes:
- At some point, we’ll get the news we’re waiting for. A COVID-19 update will come out, and we’ll hear that fewer people are getting infected.
- One way or another, this virus will pass and life will return to normal. You want to make sure your SEO is ready for that as well. Here are the best SEO strategies you will need.
Give Customers and Potential Clients Updates About Your Status:
- As things begin to shift again, this time back to normal. People will have a lot of the same questions they had when the COVID-19 crisis began.
- Are you open? What are your hours? Do people need to take precautions when they come to your store? What products do you have available, and what’s sold out?
- Also, consider having a “grand reopening” even with deals on hot items. You want to give people something to look forward to. To promote your reopening as soon as you have a good idea when it might be.
Understand the New Competitive Lands:
- Unfortunately, as we know that there are casualties. When you go through something like this, there will be competitors, companies, that don’t make it. They didn’t have resources in place, gave up on marketing, and lost the customers they had.
- Regardless, the competitive landscape will be quite different after this virus passes. You may have new competitors that pivoted into your industry. Or have lost old ones that weren’t able to weather the storm.
- You’ll also want to assess your post-COVID situation. How is your business doing, with customers, and in the online marketplace? What are you positioned to do, and where do you need to shore up?
- When you understand the landscape, you’ll be ready to take advantage of the new situation.
Don’t Back Off On Your Digital Storefront
- Some companies are excited to have a digital storefront during this crisis. But once things go back to normal they will ignore and neglect it.
- This is a serious mistake. You need to keep your online sales process going strong, in any situation.
- First of all, it allows you to access a customer base that is too far away. Otherwise, it will be unable to come over your physical shop. At the same time, it gives you more revenue and helps you be prepared for the next emergency.
- After all, no one saw this coming. COVID-19 hit us all without much warning. You want to be ready for the next time there’s a significant crisis and a lot of our purchasing goes online. Make sure your digital store is part of your strategy for the long term!
Reevaluate Search Terms and Optimize SEO:
- Finally, once this crisis will pass, you’ll need to make sure that people’s search figures haven’t changed.
- Are people still searching for the same products and services they were before? Have the words they use changed?
- In most industries, there won’t be significant changes. Yet, if you are in spaces involving health, wellness, and safety, you may see big shifts. Be sure you do your research and don’t assume either way.
We would help your business with the best SEO Strategies in the COVID-19 crisis and the changes to the business and marketing environments. It’s OK if you feel a little overwhelmed. You need someone to install these improvements in the upcoming months.
After all, you’re an expert in your specific industry. You don’t have time, even during a crisis, to become an expert in marketing too.
We’ll help you understand how the COVID-19 crisis is affecting your business. And show you how the right SEO services can help you grow, even in this difficult time.